An opportunity for your customers to fulfill the property owner’s requirements
SundaHus Material Data is used in both the public and private sectors by property owners to ensure environmentally conscious material choices. Our clients are often long-term owners who wish to work systematically to phase out hazardous substances and to document product choices. Consultants and contractors are also a large group of SundaHus Material Data users.
How is SundaHus Material Data used?
SundaHus Material Data is a tool used to fulfill a property owner’s environmental program, document product choices during both the building phase and management and operation of the building.
We emphasize that SundaHus does not accept or reject products. The property owner or project client decides what is acceptable based on the environmental program and taking into account other factors such as function, quality, esthetics and price. In some cases the environmental requirements are based on SundaHus assessment requirements while in other cases the system is used to place other environmental requirements. Other requirements could be certification systems such as the Swedish system Miljöbyggnad or Nordic Swan Labelling or even the property owner’s own requirements regarding product contents.
Why register products?
- The products registered in SundaHus Material Data are exposed to thousands of consultants and contractors whose clients require to know the contents of the building products.
- When your products are registered in our database it is easier for your customers to choose and register your products in the property’s logbook.
- SundaHus Material Data users have access to updated information about your products directly in our system and can feel confident that SundaHus is continually up to date.
How can we help you?
In addition to assessing your products, we offer a variety of services to support you in your work.
As a supplier you receive a free supplier’s account in SundaHus Material Data. For those who want more out of the system it is possible to acquire a user license. For more information, please contact our Sale's Associate Pär Jansson.
Linked to our various license types SundaHus offers a variety of surveillance lists which make it possible to control if your products meet the specific environmental requirements.
SundaHus hosts both open and customized courses for suppliers. Program and current course dates can be found on our course page.
Envirolink is a connection between a supplier’s web-based product catalog and SundaHus Material Data which shows the SundaHus assessment of the product directly on your website.
Meetings and contacts
If you have questions you wish to discuss with our chemists please don’t hesitate to contact our Supplier's Contact Johan Wärn.
More information about what we can offer suppliers can be found here.
Do you want to register your products in SundaHus Material Data?
Register your products in SundaHus Material Data
Order an assessment
If you don’t have any products previously registered in SundaHus Material Data then you will first need to order a free supplier’s account. For more information, please contact Pera Oddman (firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 13 36 30 79).
The supplier’s account gives you access to SundaHus Material Data and the opportunity to order assessments. Also, it allows us to more easily contact you with questions regarding your products and you will receive automatic notifications when we update a product assessment.
How to order an assessment
- When you are logged into SundaHus Material Data click on Order in the grey menu bar.
- Order assessment: Fill out the form to complete the assessment order.
- Submit documentation: If possible, we wish to connect to documentation published on your website as we have a program which can control when changes have been made in the document. Links to published documentations can be pasted into the field for other information. If you have not published documentation on your website you can email the documentation (preferably PDF) to email@example.com.
- Accept the terms and conditions: When you have accepted our terms and conditions click on the blue Order assessments button.
- Follow the status of the assessment: You will receive a confirmation that your order has been received by a blue box which appears above the order form. You can then track the status of your order under My Ordered Assessments and you will receive an automatic e-mail when the assessment is completed and published in SundaHus Material Data.
What we need to know
For chemical products a Safety Data Sheet is always required since it gives information about the classification and labelling of the product and substances in the product. Safety Data Sheets are legally binding documents and must be supplied by the distributor, supplier or importer of chemical products.
For both chemical and other products we need a Building Product Declaration or other environmental declaration (e.g. Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) or Product Environmental Profile (PEP)) which contains a material specification for the product.
The documents should contain a sufficient description of the product content for the documentation to be considered complete. We check the product content descriptions against our internal checklist, which is divided into different product categories.
Our building product declaration template (SundaHus declaration template for product information and environmental assessments) can be found under "Documents" down below. We also accept building declarations from other templates.
We also encourage you to also provide product information sheets, operating and maintenance instructions, emission reports and eco-labelling certification where applicable.
According to our current price list, we charge 1 595 SEK/product for product assessments. This is a standard assessment that will be completed within 15 working days after SundaHus receives sufficient documentation. Select Standard Assessment when you fill in the order form. If any information is missing we will contact the supplier for additional information.
If the assessment is urgently needed, then an Express Assessment can be ordered instead. The assessment will then be completed within 3 working days and the cost is 3 190 SEK/product. Choose Express when you fill in the order form.
If you want to order a larger number of assessments, then we will gladly offer a fixed price for this. You are welcome to contact Pera Oddman for a quote.
How to see product assessments
To be able to see your products in SundaHus Material Data, you need to log in via our website. Below you can see the different accounts that can give you access to the system.
If you do not yet have any products assessed by SundaHus but want to come in and look at how the system is built, you can order a trial account which is valid for 14 days after the first login. The account is free and gives you full access to SundaHus Material Data. To order a trial account click here.
If you wish to order assessments of your products, as well as see your product assessments in SundaHus Material Data you have the right to have a free supplier’s account. The account gives you access to the brands related to your company and the opportunity to get automatic e-mail notifications when new assessments have been made.
Click here to order a supplier's account.
With a user license you have full access to SundaHus Material Data as an encyclopedia. Click here to order a user license.
You can find more information about licenses for suppliers here.
The assessments are based on different properties and are classified into five classes: A, B, C+, C- and D. Our experienced chemists document the contents of the products and assess them according to the SundaHus Assessment Criteria based on the supplier's documentation.
The SundaHus Assessment Criteria are mainly based on the rules of the European Parliament and Council Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008 and the Swedish Chemicals Agency’s priority guide PRIO.
What do the letters mean?
The assessments are based on different properties and classified into five classes: A, B, C+, C- and D where A is the best and D shows that we have not been able to assess the product due to incomplete or missing documentation.
- give minimal health or environmental impacts associated with the PRIO properties defined in the Swedish Chemicals Inspectorate priority guide PRIO (e.g. carcinogenic, toxic to reproduction, endocrine disruptors, allergens etc.)
- are not classified as hazardous for health or the environment during the construction phase
- do not affect the indoor environment negatively through high emissions of volatile organic compounds
- give minimal contribution to smog formation
- do not emit excessive levels of formaldehyde ( according to the E1 standard)
- provide a minimal strain on natural resources and less to landfill mountains
- have a long service life (for selected product groups)
- are not likely to contribute to unsustainable forestry
- have poor transparency regarding the product contents
Products that do not qualify for A and do not match the criteria for C+ and/or C-.
Products for which workers, nearby communities and the environment risk exposure to substances of very high concern used for the manufacture of polymers.
- could lead to an exposure to substances with PRIO properties (e.g. carcinogenic, toxic to reproduction, endocrine disruptors, allergens)
- could lead to exposure to substances with other toxic properties
- risk affecting the indoor environment negatively through high emissions of volatile organic compounds
- contribute to smog formation through emissions of volatile organic compounds with high photochemical ozone creation potentials
- contain substances or are produced with substances that at very low emissions can have a big impact on the climate
- risk contributing to unsustainable forestry
Products with insufficient documentation for an assessment.
Couldn’t find the answer to your question?
We do the assessments.